There are three types of awards available under the Staff Development Programme: –
- Staff Development FellowshipsThis is targeted at Zambian Citizens, aged not more than 35 years, who are graduates of the Copperbelt University or any other recognised institution and obtained a “Distinction” or “Merit” at first degree level. These are selected to undertake Master’s degree training programmes and are employed to join the CBU establishment upon successful completion of studies.
- Special Research FellowshipsThis type of Fellowship is targeted at all members of staff, except those serving on casual terms of employment and is aimed at:
- Ensuring that each member of staff of the Copperbelt University has the opportunity to reach his/her full potential both for individual and corporate benefit.
- Enabling staff, individually and collectively, to enhance their capability and competence for the benefit of users of university services and for members of the University Community at large.
- Enabling the Copperbelt University to achieve near self-sufficiency in human resource requirements by focusing the training programmes on Zambians.
- Combating all unfair discrimination by ensuring that relevant staff development opportunities are made available for appropriate s .
- Non-Academic Training AwardsThese awards are targeted at Administrative, Technical and Professional staff for training and are authorized depending on the relevance and necessity of the course and availability of financial resources.